Brooks is the official trail shoes of the 2016 CM50. Runners can enjoy P500 off on their purchase of Brooks Trail Shoes in Toby's and Runnr.
Brooks carries three shoe models currently in the Philippines. Whether it is your first time to check out Brooks select trail shoes selection or is already an avid Brooks Trail Shoes user, here is something to guide you in your choice.
LISTED AS ONE OF THE BEST RUNNING SHOES Read here: http://www.runnersworld.com/running-shoes/best-running-shoes-in-the-world/slide/5
Waterproof, breathable GORE-TEX® membranes join forces with rugged outsoles to make the men's Cascadia GTX trail-running shoes the best out there. Muddy trails are your best friend with these waterproof trail-running shoes. The men's Cascadia 11 GTX shoes feature a GORE-TEX® waterproof membrane that keeps your feet dry without sacrificing breathability so you stay comfortable from start to finish.
This outstanding trail shoe has seen only minor tweaks since its debut 11 years ago. New this year to the Cascadia 11 is a refined upper that wraps the midfoot snugly using fewer overlays. Testers appreciated how the shoes held their feet securely when the footing got iffy.
BROOKS PURE GRIT 5
Feel more connected than ever to the trail beneath your feet. The men's PureGrit 5 trail-running shoes let your feet lead the way, offering lightweight cushioning and protecting against rocky terrain without sacrificing feel.
The Brooks PureGrit 5 is a lightweight trail shoe that provides decent grip for moderate trails. The shoe has a comfortable fit and offers several features to protect the runner from mud, water and other trail hazards.
The Mazama Trail-Running Shoes is the lightest, fastest trail shoes of Brooks. They combine the best-in-class fit with strategic protection and a grippy outsole so one gets the most out of every stride over rocky, uneven terrain.
Trail runners and RaceYaya Team Members Iris Torculas and Tin Ferrera, together with Clark Miyamit Falls Ultra's 2014-2015 champion Tolitz Divina tested the Brooks Mazama at the CM50 route. Running through lahar bed, streams of water, a mix of compact and loose surfaced terrain of mix lahar and mud.
SOME OF THEIR OBSERVATIONS ARE:
1. The shoes is ideal for running through water with its good drainage. It easily flows out and shoes doesn't fell heavy after. If you are running through Sacobia River, fear not if you get it wet early in the race as it wouldn't weigh you down.
2. It is stable going downhill. The lugs which is bi-directional makes it stable on any terrain. You hardly slip on rocks which is common along Sacobia and Pasig Potrero River.
3. On loose and sandy surface, you can feel it steady. It has that push that conserves your energy.
4. Minor details but it has a pocket where you can tuck your shoelace.
5. It has very little cushioning but has a good rock plate, you hardly feel those roots and rocks you step on. Yet you can run steadily through it, without the fear of slipping.
The terrain where it was tested is less muddy so it was not fully tested yet on that condition.
Expect this shoes to be fast!
Follow the reviewers on their individual social media accounts for more information on their Mazama adventures!
We just sent you an email. Please click the link in the email to confirm your subscription!
OKSubscriptions powered by Strikingly